Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What I got so far

Not quite satisfied with my results so I guess I am not finished with this piece. The composition seems too boring and something needs to help balance everything out. Too much space towards the left and it just doesn't have that "kick/punch" feeling to it. What I need is more kinetic energy.
But, I figure I'd share what I have so far and my process. Any feedback/advice would be great!



here's the image and half cut stencil.


final stencil


Background layered with Chinese newspaper





The Bruce you see is just a cover to protect the area I dont want splatter on


Layer or yellowish spray


Covered the area again to do this...


...Stencil in my background. Grid pattern with old script of "dragon"


And this is what I have so far.

3 comments:

  1. i kind of liked the dark ink spots before you put the yellow spray! kind of like blood splatters from his opponents. and it gives depth too. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that's what i was going for with my ink splash. It gives more energy. But i guess i just got carried away and over did it. But out of ALLLLL the ink splash I did, there is one that I am very satisfied with and exactly what I wanted. It's the splash on the bottom-right corner of the "dragon" character, by the hook area. It creates depth and it seems like the chinese character "smacks" onto the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i meant that i liked it better fully exposed, instead of behind the yellow. maybe you should put more ink splatters on top. or maybe that'll be too messy. wo pu tzu tao! and i totally agree with the bottom right corner. :D

    ReplyDelete