Saturday, May 30, 2009

As promised

Finally got my computer. It's an HP so nothing great nor was it customized like my previous computer. But the previous one was outdated and an upgrade was a great decision. Vista is something I'll get used to in time. But overall, the computer is running pretty fast, very quiet, and very smooth.
Anyways, I said I would share some sketches I've been working one. First one is a Koi again. This version I did more of what my style would do, I guess. I felt very comfortable with the style and as usual, gotta have lots of lines.



Next two pieces are what I have so far for a T-shirt contest for a local store, NICHE. They are a very cool store. Selling some nice graphic T's, cool vinyl toys. Very skateboard culture like and very down to earth. Anyways, they are having a t-shirt contest and the requirements are "any design with good tastes and long as the word "NICHE" is incorporated into the design." The idea that came to me is to incorporate something new and old together. And I got the idea of putting "bling"(new) on a deep history character(old). My first design is this:



I originally wanted to draw a drunk bum as a king. But as it evolved, it just became a drunk king. That's fine with me too.

The next piece is more of an update to a geisha I drew a while back.
Old:



New:


That's all I got so far. Let me know what you think so I can edit it. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. oh mucho gracias, senorita. I got another koi that's painted. Will post later when I get the chance and would like to hear your feedback ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that koi is great. Did you inked that with a brush? Props.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup, the good ol' fashion way.

    ReplyDelete