Thursday, June 18, 2009

Video Time

First up:
The man behind the Obama poster and probably influenced me the most with my stenciling, Shepard Fairey. To me, this video is priceless and gives a quick glimpse of some of his techniques.




Next:
The most mysterious artist in the world (and yes, no one knows what he looks like and I guess that's why his artworks are worth thousands) and probably the greatest street artist ever, Banksy. Currently, he's having an exhibition at Bristol Museum in England. Wish I could go.



Some of his artworks in this exhibition.

What's so great about his art is that it is provocative, like the video states, and how he juxtapose the subject and something opposite together. It creates humor and also awareness at the same time.

Hope you enjoy these videos as much as I do!

"The bad artists imitate, The great artists steal." - Pablo Picasso BANKSY

No comments:

Post a Comment