Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I gotta beef!

I love it when my home country, Taiwan, construct nice looking architectures like this and this. During high school, I actually wanted to be an architect until my Satan teacher convinced me not to. Which I thought it's very strange for a teacher to do.
Anyways, I was surfing through www.designboom.com and stumbled across an article about a competition to construct a performing art center for Taipei, Taiwan. "Cool!!!" was my initial reaction, until I found out the location and the design.

The location of the site is a pretty well known site. I can guarantee almost 99.9% of the Taipei citizen have been there. The site is right next to Shi Lin night market. More specifically, it's the main attraction of the night market....the food court. Literally, there are HUNDREDS of food vendors available for us to pour our money for some freakin' awesome delicacies. And now, the city is planning on tearing down that parking deck (yes, the food court is below a parking deck) to build this ugly ass building.


More fugliness here.

I kinda wish it was this design instead:


or



These are what I'll be missing :'(


Photos courtesy of YeinJee.

No comments:

Post a Comment