Wednesday, July 1, 2009

T-shirt

So I've always be fascinated by t-shirt design, more into the artwork that' ON the shirt, not the shape/design of the shirt itself. Anyways, I just wanted to do some digital art and asked myself "what would I wear if I were to design the art." And this is what came to me.



I've been drawing this octopus for a while now and in a way, it had incorporated into my art and sorta like an icon/mascot for me. After a while of doodling, the sunglasses came to me. I guess I drew it because on the day of Michael's death, I waited on a mother and a son. Long story short, they were the one that told me of Michael's death and the boy was wearing this kind of sunglasses. I thought he looked ridiculously funny but I give him props for having the balls to wear it in the streets.
The glasses then lead to the text in the background. Every time I see those sunglasses, it reminds me of Kanye's "Stronger" music video and I thought I'd incorporate the lyrics to the background.

Maybe I'll get those iron-on transfer sheet and print it on a t-shirt :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment