Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Framing

So I am finished with the painting and I spent the day making a frame and here are some pics I want to share with you all.

Here's my ghetto saw table. Constructed a somewhat stable table and bolted an electric hand saw underneath the table. And I am scared of this thing.

Used shoe strings to grip the trigger "on." The saw is plugged up to a socket with a switch, this way, I can just switch it on and off.

Finished sawing the pieces.

This is what the frame will look like in profile view (pretend the piece of wood sticking out is the glass panel.) And I used a "3 piece" design instead of a "one piece" design. One piece is MUCH sturdier but takes forever to saw (consider i'm using a ghetto, non-adjustable saw table). 3 piece is easier to construct but not as sturdy as one piece b/c I'll have to use glue and screws.

Corner clamping.


And this is what it loos like when it's done clamping. I also put screws on the corner of the frame to screw them into each other. Next step, fill holes and cracks with wood putty and sand them smooth.

Here's a completed corner. Filled with wood putty and sanded down smooooooth. Perfect corner.

And it's done! I got it primed and will be spray painting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment