Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1st post with blogger

It's been a while since I've been blogging and hopefully this will be much more successful than before. With this blog, I will try to focus on my artwork and art that I am interested in and hopefully you will too. To start things off, here is my latest piece of artwork.


it all starts with a sketch

tighten up on tracing paper

transferred to 24"x18" and cut away the black area

detail


the final stencil

I got Chinese news articles used as my background collage. I paint a layer of yellowish tint over the collage and spray painted to give more of an "older" look.

And the final result. Forgot to take pics along the way but...just lots of stenciling, layering, and spray painting.


here you can see what's left of the news article


the final product. Stenciling on Collage 22.5"x30"
There are MUCHO details that I cannot capture on camera. I guess you just have to see in it person ;)

Overall, I am quite satisfied with the results considering this was my first time doing this type of medium. I wish the background wasn't lost after all the layers of paint. I guess that would happen no matter what but I think I need to get the concept of "less is more". Hope you all enjoyed it!




3 comments:

  1. I love your art! The stencil in and of itself can be its own piece of art. Im glad to see that you have a venue where we can now all see the masterpieces that you produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea that you used Chinese newspaper for background collage and the patten on it.
    I think that you mixed modern style and Chinese culture together successfully.
    Good job

    ReplyDelete